1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect a variety of personal information about our Users so that we can provide our Service. We do our best to be as transparent as possible about our data practices and to provide you choices about how your data is used when possible. The categories of information we collect can include:
- Registration and profile information collected when you join the Service. We may collect personal information such as a username, first and last name, birthdate, phone number, email address, and other contact information when you register for a Blue Star Sports account, participate in a Blue Star Sports promotion or contest, or if you correspond with us. We may collect billing information if you sign up for premium services.
- Data collected through the use of the Service. After you set up your account, you may be able to provide additional information which may be shared through your profile, such as your height, weight, photograph and/or video and other biographical or personal information (“Profile Information”), and information about your athletic performance or information relating to your team, league, or organization. This information may be provided by a third party, such as a parent, association administrator, league administrator, team administrator, coach, tournament director or it may be provided by you directly (collectively, “Persons with Authority”). Persons with Authority may provide information about the club, league or team you play on as well as biographical, contact information, notes and commentary related to your activities. We also collect information about how you use our Service and the data you input.
- Contact Information. Blue Star Sports may collect information from an address book or stored contact list that a user uploads or otherwise provides access to Blue Star Sports. If a roster and team listing is upload, Blue Star Sports may contact via email those athletes who are not already a member of the Service, inviting the athlete to join the Service.
- Information we collect from third parties. Blue Star Sports may collect information about you from publicly available sources or other third parties, including your tournament schedule, team name, ranking, player statistics, etc. Blue Star Sports may also receive information about you when you interact with our sites through various social media, for example, by liking us on Facebook, following us on Twitter, or connecting on Instagram, Vimeo, or other social networks. The data we receive is dependent upon your privacy settings with the social network. You should always review, and if necessary, adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting them to the Blue Star Sports Service.
- Monitoring User activity. Blue Star Sports may at our discretion, but are not obligated to, monitor the communications that take place on our Service, such as messaging, in order to protect our Users and monitor the effectiveness of our Service. You acknowledge that you have no expectation of privacy with respect to any such communications or postings, and you expressly consent to such monitoring.
We use this information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features of the Service. We may use this information to communicate with you, such as to send you email messages, and push notifications and to permit other Users of the Service to contact you.
You may control your receipt of email by contacting us at email@example.com to opt-out of receiving such messages or unsubscribing through the email itself using the unsubscribe link in the email. We may also send you Service-related emails or messages (e.g., account verification, payment confirmations, change or updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). You may not opt-out of Service-related emails.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, we may receive or collect and store a unique identification numbers associated with your device or our mobile application (including, for example, a UDID, Unique ID for Advertisers (“IDFA”), Google Ad ID, or Windows Advertising ID), mobile carrier, device type, model and manufacturer, mobile device operating system brand and model, phone number, and, depending on your mobile device settings, your geographical location data, including GPS coordinates (e.g. latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
When you upload photographs or videos, those files may contain location information or other metadata. This metadata may be accessible to others if you share content on the Service.
We may use the data collected through cookies, log file, device identifiers, location data and clear gifs information to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, usage, and demographic patterns on our website and our Service; (e) diagnose or fix technology problems; and (f) otherwise to plan for and enhance our service.
Third Party Tracking and Online Advertising. We may permit third party ad networks, social media companies, and other third party services to collect information about browsing behavior from visitors to our Service through cookies, social plug-ins, or other tracking technology. We may permit third party online advertising networks to collect information about your use of our websites over time so that they may play or display ads that may be relevant to your interests on our Service as well as on other websites or services. Typically, the information is collected through cookies or similar tracking technologies. The only way to completely “opt out” of the collection of any information through cookies or other tracking technology is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device. Please refer to your browser’s or mobile device’s technical information for instructions on how to delete and disable cookies, and other tracking/recording tools. (To learn more about cookies, clear gifs/web beacons and related technologies and how you may opt-out of some of this tracking, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org and/or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org. Depending on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through settings.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION. We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see the “Your Choices About Your Information” section below.
Remember, our Service allows you to connect with others and share information about yourself with other individuals and organizations. In some instances, your profile information, including your name, photo, and other personal information, will be available publicly to other members of the Service by default and may be searchable by search engines which may display a certain amount of your information publicly. You may be able to adjust your profile settings to entirely prevent the general public from viewing your profile, though it will remain visible to other Users of the Service. Also, remember that organizations and other third parties that use Blue Star Sports Services may have their own data collection and use policies that Blue Star Sports does not control, even in situations where Blue Star Sports may access or maintain such data on behalf of the organization. Please review the privacy policies of any third party organization before sharing your personal information with that organization.
We may also share your personal information with:
- Other companies owned by or under common ownership at Blue Star Sports. These companies will use your personal information in the same way as we can under this policy;
- Third-party vendors and other service providers that perform services on our behalf, as needed to carry out their work for us, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, billing, payment processing, content or service fulfillment, or providing analytic services;
- Trusted business partners who may use your information to contact you about opportunities that may be of interest to you.
- Other Users of the Blue Star Sports Service. Your information, including both information you provide and information we have collected about you from other Users, may be searchable by or made available to other Users of the Service. These Users may contact you via email or, with your consent, via text messages. Once your information has been shared with another User of the Service, that User may use and maintain copies of your information outside of the Service. You may be able to control some elements of data sharing through your settings.
- To Persons with Authority.
- Certain Blue Star Sports Services connect to colleges and universities. As such, Blue Star Sports may disclose your personal information directly or via a third party to colleges and universities that you have indicated you are interested in attending, as well as to other accredited colleges and universities that Blue Star Sports and/or our business partners believe may be of interest to you.
- Certain Blue Star Sports Services connect to the public. Any information that you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Service is viewable by other Users and the public. As one example, a tournament director may print a list of athletes at an event and distribute that list to tournament attendees who may or may not be members of the Service.
- Other parties in connection with a company transaction, such as a merger, sale of company assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company or third party or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also aggregate or otherwise strip data of all personally identifying characteristics and may share that aggregated, anonymized data with third parties.
5. YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION.
Access, correct and update personal information. You can access, correct and update certain personal information that you have provided to us by clicking on “Edit Profile” and “Account Settings” depending on the Blue Star Sports Service you are using.
Communications preferences: You may update your communication preferences at any time by logging into your account and updating your contact information or changing your account settings. You can also stop receiving promotional email communications from Blue Star Sports by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Please note that certain Users may contact you through or outside of the Service and Blue Star Sports may not be able to control your preferences for those types of communications.
Certain Blue Star Sports Services may allow Persons with Authority or college coaches to communicate with the parent/athlete/member via text message if the sender has their consent to do so.
If you have any questions about modifying your account information or changing your communication preferences, you can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Privacy Settings: Subject to your profile and privacy settings, any information that you make public is searchable by other Users and may be accessible via API(s) and viewable on search engines. You may be able to restrict some of this public sharing by changing your profile privacy settings on the Service or by limiting the type of data in your profile. Changing your privacy settings will not have any effect on information that was previously shared through the Service. Remember that even if you remove information that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service, or if other Users have copied or saved that information.
Certain information is not searchable or viewable to other Users. This can include: analytics information about your performance on the website, notes you make on your profile, ratings you give to other Users, your lists of other Users and non-Users, and messages you send and receive.
How long we keep your Information: Following termination or deactivation of your User account, Blue Star Sports may retain your profile information for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, or audit purposes. Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to delete your account. In some instances, we may not be able to delete all of your content but we will inform you of the reason.
Please be aware that we will not be able to delete any content you have shared with others on the Service or with social media sites. Please also be aware that we may be able to delete data that you provided to the Service about yourself or others, but we may not be able to delete data about you that was provided by another User, such as a coach or tournament director. By way of example, if a coach or another Person with Authority adds a User’s information to a team roster or a college coach adds a recruit to the college coach’s list, that information cannot be deleted by the User once it has been shared or entered by the coach.
6. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Keeping your information safe: Blue Star Sports cares about the security of your information, and uses commercially reasonable physical, administrative, and technological safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of all information collected through the Blue Star Sports Services. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, Blue Star Sports will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) requires us to inform parents and legal guardians about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information from children under the age of 13. It also requires that we obtain parental consent before we allow children under the age of 13 to use certain Blue Star Sports Services.
Based on the sensitivity of children’s privacy, Blue Star Sports has a separate policy specifically focused on the issue. Please see: http://www.bluestarsports.com/childrensprivacy
8. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES. Our Service may integrate with or contains links to other third party sites and services. We are not responsible for the practices employed by third party websites or services embedded in, linked to, or linked from the Service and your interactions with any third-party website or service are subject to that third party’s own rules and policies. In addition, you agree that we are not responsible for and we do not have any control over any third-parties that you authorize to access your information, including the organizations you interact with on our Service.